So, round two of the lollipops, with some good and some bad. The good: I've got the system totally down now, it was
easy as pie what am I saying? I can't make pie! It was totally easy this time around. A new experiment, "adding sparkles" at Emily's request, went really well. But, the dreamsicle flavor is too chemical, I think. She has given up on them already, declaring that they "taste like lip balm". I'm not a big fan of orange flavor, real or artificial, so...I think these pops will be heading out soon. They sure were pretty though!!
Action shot -- that's stovetop napalm, basically. Scary!!
Here are the molds all nicely lined up. You can just see my trick for perfectly straight sticks at the bottom there -- I line up extra sticks and rest the bottoms of the sticks that are in the molds on the line.
Freshly filled molds - you can see one "sparkle" lollipop on the right there.
Popped out of the mold and ready to go!
Here's a close-up of the "sparkles" -- the one on the left is what the backs looked like, we put some in before pouring and they look like they're embedded in resin (I guess they kind of are!). On the front we sprinkled them on right after pouring, and as the mold company promised, they stick perfectly. And here's a whole mug full of dreamsicleness! Dreamsicle lollipops, I wish we loved you more.